Connect with us

News

Keren Akpagher’s Death: Abuja School Backs Police on Investigation

Published

on

Keren

The management of Premier Academy, Lugbe Abuja, has stated that the school has been cooperating with the police on investigation into the sudden death of a student of the school, Keren Akpagher, since the incident happened.

Keren died on Tuesday 22nd June, 2021. The 14 year old JSS 2 student was said to have died from hyperglycemia triggered by sepsis resulting from infection caused by a condom found in her.

Keren’s mother, Mrs. Akpagher had demanded justice for her child, who she believed was sexually abused before she was withdrawn from school on June 19th for treatment after she complained of redness of the eye.

According to reports, Mrs. Akpagher said she immediately challenged the school authorities after an hospital report showed the cause of Keren’s death, but the institution only promised to look into the matter.

The social media was thus awashed on Wednesday of Keren’s demise, with an alleged plot of a cover up by the school.

In a statement made available on the school’s official facebook page, the school management commiserate with Keren’s family, stating that the case is being investigated by the police and the school is fully cooperating with law enforcement agents to get to the root of the matter.

“We deeply commiserate with the family of Keren Akpagher, who was a student of Premier Academy Lugbe, Abuja until her demise on Tuesday 22nd June, 2021. Before her death, Keren Akpagher was an easy-going student who never appeared before the academy’s disciplinary committee on any issue.

As a school, we are committed to ascertaining the cause of Karen’s death because the life of every student at Premier Academy matters.

Last week, Thursday, (24th June 2021), the school was invited to the FCT Police Investigation Department and a full-scale investigation commenced by the Police Investigation Unit.

We wish to clearly state that we will cooperate with the police unit as we are committed to ensuring that the actual cause of Keren’s death is fully determined,’’ the statement read.

The school also enjoined the public to desist from making unfounded statements about Keren’s death. “Since the demise of Karen Akpagher, there have been speculations and unfounded statements concerning her death on social media especially on Whatsapp. We hereby inform the general public that whatever message they have come across on social media is unfounded,” the school said.

Full text of the statement;

Premier Academy commiserates with the family of Keren Akpagher

We deeply commiserate with the family Keren Akpagher, who was a student of Premier Academy Lugbe, Abuja. Until her demise on Tuesday 22nd June, 2021. She was admitted into the academy (JSS 2) on 16 April, 2019 but she resumed on Sunday 28th April, 2019.

On admission, according to the medical report and her mother’s attestation, Karen Akpagher was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus at the age of (9) and had been on insulin injection.

The insulin injection was handed over to our clinic by her mother Mr, Akpagher, Vlhimga Vivien and we judiciously administered the insulin to her twice each day until she left the school in a healthy condition on 19th June 2021.

All through her stay at Premier Academy; Keren’s health was managed with a controlled diet and frequent monitoring of her blood sugar level by our well-trained health officials at the clinic. The last fasting blood sugar test she did on Thursday the 17th June, 2021 was 114mg/dl.

On Thursday 17th June 2021, Keren Akpagher visited the school’s clinic with a complaint of redness of the eye. Her mother, Mrs Akpagher requested that she should be taken to see an Ophthalmologist on Sunday 19th June 2021 and she was taken for the appointment in the morning of that same day. On her return to the school on that same day (Saturday), her mother further requested to pick her home because Keren insisted on going home for the weekend. An exeat was granted and she went home with her mother in a healthy condition.

On Monday morning-21st June 2021, we learnt she became ill and hospitalized. On hearing that as a school, we mobilized immediately and visited her at the hospital- Queen’s Clinic Wuse, Abuja. It was heart-rending when we heard of her demise the next day Tuesday, 22nd June 2021. Before her death, Keren Akpagher was an easy-going student who never appeared before the academy’s disciplinary committee on any issue.

Since the demise of Karen Akpagher, there have been speculations and unfounded statements concerning her death on social media especially on Whatsapp. We hereby inform the general public that whatever message they have come across on social media is unfounded. As a school, we are committed to ascertaining the cause of Karen’s death because the life of every student at Premier Academy matters.

Last week, Thursday, (24th June 2021), the school was invited to the FCT Police Investigation Department and a full-scale investigation has commenced by the Police Investigation Unit.

We wish to clearly state that we will cooperate with the police unit as we are committed to ensuring that the actual cause of Keren’s death is fully determined.

At this point, we enjoin all interested parties and the public to desist from making unfounded statements, so as to assist the investigation process.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Van Vicker Finally Bags Varsity Degree — 24 Years After Secondary Education

Published

on

Van Vicker

Van Vicker, the multiple award-winning Ghanaian actor, has finally bagged a university degree — about 24 years after completing senior secondary school.

 

The 43-year-old movie director, who is a renowned face in Nollywood, took to his Instagram page to recount the touching tale of his educational journey.

He said while his secondary schoolmates were enrolling at the tertiary institution in 1997, his single mother couldn’t afford to send him to school.

 

He also accompanied the post with a photo in which he could be seen wearing a graduation robe of the African University College of Communication (AUCC).

 

 

Vicker said he bagged first-class honours in Strategic Communications and was named the overall best in his set.

 

 

“21 years later, here I stand before you with 3 achievements during my graduation; to God be the glory. 1. 1st class honors. 2. Best Student in Strategic communication. 3. Best Communication Student Award,” the actor wrote.

 

“The above is within the context of my 2021 post on social media and is in no way presumptuous but uprightly to inspire. I could not enroll at a tertiary institution in 1997 because my single mother did not have the funds.

 

“If free SHS was available back in the day, most likely I would have graduated in 2000/2001. My career took off and I have been blessed but as someone who relishes education getting that degree was just a matter of time.

 

 

“I complete my Masters program this December and I am sorely motivated and committed to going even beyond, God willing. I thank all those who supported me and are supporting me during this journey.”

 

Vicker has appeared in hundreds of films including ‘My Soul Mate’, ‘Heart of Fire’, ‘Popular King’, ‘Gambling with Marriage’, ‘Harvest of Love’, ‘Stolen Will’, ‘The Joy of a Prince’, ‘Discovered’, ‘The Kingdom’ and ‘Against The Law’.

Continue Reading

News

Hushpuppi Pleads Guilty To Fraud

Published

on

Hushpuppi

Nigerian scammer Ramon Olorunwa Abbas also known as Hushpuppi has pleaded guilty to fraud in an American court.

 

 

United States Department of Justice (DoJ) in a statement on Wednesday said court documents show that Abbas, a 37-year-old Nigerian national, pleaded guilty on April 20.

 

 

A version of Hushpuppi’s plea agreement filed late Tuesday outlines his role in a school finance scheme, as well as several other cyber and business email compromise schemes that cumulatively caused more than $24 million in losses.

 

 

Acting United States Attorney Tracy L. Wilkison said Hushpuppi allegedly faked the financing of a Qatari school by playing the roles of bank officials and creating a bogus website in a scheme that also bribed a foreign official to keep the elaborate pretense going after the victim was tipped off.

 

 

Wilkison stated that Hushpuppi played “a significant role in the scheme, funded his luxurious lifestyle by laundering illicit proceeds generated by con artists who use increasingly sophisticated means.”

 

 

Kristi K. Johnson, the Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office said Hushpuppi “among the most high-profile money launderers in the world, has admitted to his significant role in perpetrating global BEC fraud, a scheme currently plaguing Americans.

 

 

“His celebrity status and ability to make connections seeped into legitimate organizations and led to several spin-off schemes in the U.S. and abroad,” Johnson said in the DoJ statement.

 

 

Hushpuppi and members of his gang were arrested while sleeping at their Dubai residences in June 2020.

 

 

The Nigerian fraudster was arrested along with Olalekan Jacob Ponle, also known as Woodberry and 10 others.

 

Continue Reading

News

Mother Of 10 Loses 48 Years Marriage Over Denying Husband Sex

Published

on

SEX

 

A mother of 10, Mrs Tolu Osho, has lost her 48-year-old marriage for allegedly denying her husband sex.

 

 

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos, on Wednesday, granted the request of her estranged husband, Mojidi, to dissolve the union.

 

 

The court president, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, said that since the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court was left with no option other than to grant him his prayer; and pronounced the union dissolved.

 

 

“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mr Mojidi Osho and Mrs Tolu Osho dissolved yesterday.

 

 

“Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

 

 

 

“Each of you should go his or her separate ways unmolested; the court wishes both of you well in your future endeavours,” Koledoye asserted.

 

 

The president ordered the petitioner to pay N250,000 to his wife as a severance fee and also pay another N250,000 for her to get a new accommodation.

 

The petitioner, a 72-year-old mechanic, Mr Mojidi Osho, had earlier told the court to nullify his marriage because his wife was denying him his conjugal right to sleep with her.

 

“The last time my wife allowed me to sleep with her was 10 years ago.

 

 

“I am starving seriously, but whenever I come home with my girlfriends, she will chase them away,” Osho said.

 

 

The septuagenarian also accused his wife of threatening to kill him so that she can inherit his property.

 

 

“My wife wanted to kill me; she has been feeding me with poison.

 

 

“There was a day I fainted and was rushed to the hospital and it was detected that I ate poison.

 

 

“I thought I will not survive it, but God saved me and I stopped eating her food,” he said.

 

 

The embattled man said his wife was a witch who kept attacking him in the spiritual realm.

 

 

 

“On two occasions, she shot arrows at me in my sleep which led to sicknesses, but God healed me.

 

 

“She also buried charm in my workshop and customers stopped patronising me.

 

 

“My wife made me impotent, but I survived it after spending huge amounts on hospital and herbal treatment,” he claimed.

 

 

“Tolu makes my life miserable, I would have gone far in life if I have not married her.

 

 

“I regret the day I met her and I wish I can turn back the hand of the clock,’’ Osho said.

 

 

According to him, Tolu stopped washing his clothes 27 years ago; h,e therefore, begged the court to end the marriage to save him from committing murder.

 

 

Responding to the allegations, the 68-year-old trader, Tolu, said that she denied her husband sex for only four years not 10 years as he claimed.

 

 

“I stopped him from making love to me four years ago when he started bringing different girls home to sleep with, after which he will want to sleep with me; so I refused him,” she stated.

 

 

 

The mother of 10 children denied threatening her husband’s life or attempting to kill him through poisoning.

 

“I did not poison my husband’s food since 1973 when we got married, is it now that I will poison him?

 

“He is just looking for excuses to discard me; he came to this court to divorce his second wife, now he wants to also divorce me so that he can marry a new wife,” Tolu said.

 

According to her, Osho is fond of invoking curses on their children, which is affecting their lives now.

 

The respondent begged the court not to grant her husband’s wish for the dissolution of their marriage, saying she still loved him

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Thepage News