The Church: The word church is defined differently by several people just suit of today’s Christendom, the word church emanated from the Greek’s word ‘ ekklesia’ ” ek” meaning out, kaleo meaning call. This implied that people in the church are call-out people. There , church may be viewed as a universal body of believers who were call out to serve God. Levites were among the called out consecrated separately for specific purpose. Math 16:18
Origin of the church
It was for an outstanding purposes
i. Fulfilling God’s perfect will
ii. Teaching God’s ordinances
iii. Keeping God’s commandments
Apart from the day of Pentecost where people were in assembly, felt with holy spirit, ( Matthew 16: 18), Jesus began the first call out when he called out his first discipline, ( John 1:35-51). Continuously, Jesus kept on calling others to follow his teaching, this then fulfilled what John came for, to prepare them, Jesus assembled them as Ekklesia.
a. God wanted it that way
b. John wanted it that way
c. Christ wanted it that way
d. Disciples wanted it that way and that is the way it was.
God said hear ye him, John said behold the Lamb of God, Jesus said follow me, then the church commenced the fellowship as Christian.
According to Elder Malachy Okokon, The origin of the church is entirely of God, man neither planned nor built it. However, church is the church of the living God, the church of Jesus Christ and the church of the holy spirit.
The Nature of the Church
As an assembly called out by Jesus, baptized in his name, received holy spirit, participated in worship, breaking of bread and shared their earthly possession ( Act2:47)
Apostle Paul explained the nature of nature of church as Christ being the head. The church obeyed the head as the leader and then exalted him as the risen Christ ( Eph. 1:22-23). The church is also viewed as a cornerstone.
Church is used to compare the love of Christ with that of the husband and wife.
In summary, Christ is the head of the church, the church is his body; Christ is the cornerstone of the church. The church is the building.
Christ is the husband of the church, the church is the bride. Therefore, the church should be identified as followers of Christ who emulate him.
Purpose of the Church
One of the outstanding purpose of the church is to manifold the wisdom of God. This is an external purpose realised in Christ. For effective manifolding of God’s wisdom is that all things shall someday be United in Jesus Christ for God had highly exalted him at the mention of his name every knee must bow and tongue must confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the father.
In conclusion, origin of church can be traced to God the Father, God the son and God the holy Spirit . The nature of Church is the body of Christ, the building of Christ and the bride of Christ. Purpose of the church is to make known the manifold wisdom of God, the heritage, the nature and what his destiny is all about. Above all, to do the perfect will of God.
The Levites: The word levite is name after Levi, one of the twelve sons of Jacob also called Israel.
Kohath’s son Amram was the father of Mirriam, Aaron and Moses. The descendants of the Aaron; the Kohanim ( Priest) had the special role as a Priest in the tabanacle in the wilderness and also in the temple in Jerusalem. The remaining levite ( Levi’yim in Hebrew), divdes into three groups, the descendant of Gershon or Gershonites, the descendants of Kohath, or Kohathite, and the descendants of Merari of Merarite each filled different role in the Tabernacle and later in the temple services.
The holy Bible had single out the responsibility of Levites and who they were in the old testaments. They were the men of all tribes of Levi, Num 3:6-14. Levites principal roles in the temple includes singing of Psalms during temple Services, performing construction and maintenance for the temple, Serving as guards and performing other services. Levites also served teachers and judges, maintaining cities of refuge in biblical time.
Levites perform the duties of singers, Choirmasters, instrumental musician as well as gate keepers at the temple. They were members of a priestly tribe associated with the priesthood as assistance. The following portions also spell out other duties of Levites Neh 9:4-5, 8:7-9
In Equipt, Levites were the tribes that were committed to God. During Exodus, Levites were particularly Zealous in protecting the Mosaic law in the face of those worshipping the golden calf.
The Levites were charged with responsibility of ministering to the Kohanim ( Priest) and keeping watch over the the Tabernacle ( Num. 1:1-6, 18:2-4).
To the prophets: the book of Jeremiah speaks of covenant with the Kohanim ( Priest) and the Levites, connecting it with the covenant with the seed of King David.
God promise to multiply the seed of David and Levite for the purpose of ministrying to him ( Jeremiah 33:22-24).
The prophet Malachi also disclosed God’s covenant with Levites who while walking with him in righteous way to turn others away from iniquity ( Malachi 2:4-6, 3:1-3)
Today, seeing ourselves as Levites implied that we are God’s children, called out for the an essential and specific duty. ( Num 3:12) therefore the Levites shall be mine. Similarly, they include the fore mentioned categories, choristers, ( singers), Choirmasters, and instrumental musicians. Levites are entitled to proceed from tithing in the church.
A Levites is expected to live a holy Life, a life that could please God, always be clean, pure in heart and separate yourself unto the Lord and not being a pretender ( Num 8:21)
By: Faleye Oluwatosin Simon
PARTAKE IN THE FEBRUARY EDITION OF POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS TO DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF ENGAGING THE MYSTERY OF GOD’S ARMOURY
The monthly God ordained Power Must Change Hands programme tagged- Discover the Secrets of Engaging the Mystery of God’s Armoury would take place live at the MFM International Headquarters: 13, Olasimbo Street, Onike-Yaba, Lagos on Saturday February 6, 2021 by 7.00a.m (WAT) prompt.
Dr. D.K Olukoya, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Worldwide (MFM) would be ministering live to the congregation and general public all over the world at the February Edition of Power Must Change Hands; for the people of God to get total victory all over their enemies.
Like never before, the expectations by the partakers are beyond; The Resurrection of Paralyzed Destinies, Divine Healing and Uncommon Breakthroughs on all Points disclosed a staunch member of MFM.
And, the good news from Dr. D.K Olukoya, the God’s General, he decreed that the ‘God of Elijah shall surely disgrace all battles confronting your increase at the February 2021 Edition of Power Must Change Hands’.
The must join divine programme to Discover the Secrets of Engaging the Mystery of God’s Armoury will be the gateway for a new open heaven and victory in all areas of the partakers that can Discover the Secrets of Engaging the Mystery of God’s Armoury for supernatural victory experience in their lives.
Keep the date and partake in the February Edition of Power Must Change Hands programme live online anywhere you are and get ready to discover the secrets of engaging the mystery of God’s armoury in the mighty name of Jesus.
Viewing Points: All MFM Social Media Platforms
MFM TV (Free-To-Air on IS20)
A Wife Has No Control Over Her Body – Pastor Kumuyi
The theory of Marriage is a very contending and critical issue in the contemporary world today. Marriage is said to be a legal union between a man and a woman to become Husband and Wife. The institution was created by God when he created Eve to help Adam during the creation. A man leaving his father and mother and cleave to his wife is very much appreciated in the Bible. To avoid fornication, a man is expected to get married
Pastor W.F Kumyi, The General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church took his time to discuss the issue of marriage in one of his latest Bible Study teachings. One contending issue that the man of God emphasized is the ownership of the body. He read the book of 1st Corinthians 7 : 4 which says ” The Wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Here he explained that the wife’s body is the most important part but she does not have power over it. Her husband has the power over her body. The Husband also has no power over his body, the power over his body is given to his wife. That is the spirit of oneness. The man of God read Genesis 2 : 24, which says, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. The man of God used this verse to butress his point on the issue of oneness. Two people become one and are make to make decisions for each other.
He sighted different examples
1. The Use of Handset : The man of God preached against couples denying access to eachothers phone. He said what belongs to the husband is also the wife’s and that builds up the spirit of oneness in the family. Hiding issues and matters ain’t qualities of a very good home.
2. Fasting and prayer : If there is any reason for any of the couple to pray and fast, the other other must know of the intention and the reason for such. One should not say the Christian race is quite personal and would decide not to involve the other, it should be a planned step since it is about prayers.
3. Relationship with others : The Man of God said that a Man should not relate with other woman better than how he relates with his wife wether in public or not, likewise the woman. In every situation they find themselves, they should put eachother first before any other.
4. Reconciliation : The Man of God speaks against pride as it has been a problem many couples have. If there is a misunderstanding between the couples, they should not invite a third party to solve such issues for them. Humility should ensure that either of the husband or the wife kneels in soberness and apologize to the other. These has invariably led to many broken homes.
These and many others were issues Pastor W.F Kumuyi explained. He took time to explain the concept for marriage which was beneficial for the married and unmarried
2021 : Prophet Joshua Iginla Releases Prophecy On Covid-19, Nigerian Governor, Others
The clergy with prophetic grace, Prophet Joshua Iginla has declared 2021 as a year for the courageous. Iginla during the crossover service at his 80,000 seater city of Wonders cathedral in Abuja, he reeled out powerful prophetic messages On Covid-19, Kanu, Biafra, presidents, Africa and the world. At large.
Here are some of the prophecies as released by him:
1) The agitation for Biafra will wax very stronger. And we need to pray strongly because it will take a dimensions that will provoke the government of the day to begin to haunt the agitators.
2) And the government of the day needs to be careful so they wont cause an expensive massacre that will dent the image of the government of the day .
3) The agitation will grow stronger and will influence alot of chances of the people from the eastern part of this country . Nobody should look down on the Biafra movement.
Like I keep shouting from the beginning that Dialogue is the key. There is no bomb, gun or force that can stop such ideology except maturity applied for dialogue.
4) The leader of the Biafra should be careful. There are people around him that are traitors. I see someone receiving huge amount of money in other to end the life of this young man ( KANU) through poison. I saw it clearly, someone in the inner circle.
The movement will grow big and they felt the only way is to remove the head. Like I said, there is need to dialogue. The only way to appease it is to come round table to talk.
5) I was taking in the realm of the spirit and I see our Great country Nigeria that 2023 will be a wonderful year for us .
6) The youths will wax stronger. There is still going to be another kind of protest that will come up and it will take another dimension. It will still be betrayed by the same elements. They will move forward but will not be able to clinch the number one spot because it’s not yet time . They will be able to influence every other strategic position and be able to come in on certain percentage m I see 41% . This people looks like army, warriors ,lions with a lionic face and more of them are more of females than males. They will come in,influence the polity but won’t be able to clinch the number one spot. It will be recycle by the same old faces.
7) They will still be the one at the number one spot but their powers will be watered down till 2027. It’s the time for the youths but they are not fully prepared for what is about to happen.
8) They will make meaningful movements but the number one spot doesn’t belong to them yet. I still see old faces recycling the number position.
9) Does it mean Nigeria won’t get better? No God is programming Nigeria . There are people preparing for 2023 who won’t see 2023 at all..
11) Covid-19 is not over yet. We will continue to see it’s wave. We are not through with it yet . It will take another dimension be it real, political or scientifically.
12) Will there be another lockdown, yes we will! However, this year will be better than last year.
13) The economic hardship will increase but those of you who know your God will be strong and do exploits .
14) Top individuals and wealthy people should be prayerful.
15) I see a lot of kidnapping that will be on the increase this year. It will be in different form .
16) Crime rate will increase but the good Lord will keep his own.
17) I see a Governor in Nigeria who needs prayers so that between 2021 and 2023 he should still be there. I don’t know whether it’s sickness, impeachment or death. But I see that his seat was empty and another person taking over his stool.
18) God showed me that Africa will become a safe haven.
19) I see so many white people, top personality leaving their country, trooping into this continent. And I asked the Lord what does this mean and he said Africa will soon become a safe haven. Yes,it will become a place where they want to stay because it will be free from sicknesses and attacks.
20) God will make Africa a mystery to the world. What will hit the developed world is so much because it’s judgement from God . And africa which they have labels religious fanatics will become their safe haven. The reason is that life will become more important than development.
21) The president of Gabon should pray very well.
22) I see an attack on his Health. He should also pray against Coup in that country. I pray for God and his Excellency.
23) The incubent president of Uganda will retain his stool.
24) There will be provocations, tensions and movements that will revolt against him.
25) The president should watch his back because after this alot will happen.
26) Things might fall apart and the centre too might not hold. He will still be in power but the after effects will be strong.
27) There will be attempt to destroy Africa. I pray our leaders won’t be manipulated.
28) I see certain countries like South Africa,Nigeria , Egypt and Ghana that the leaders should be very careful. If you are not conscious of your belly I pray you won’t be used against your people .
29) Zambia is a Great nation. Am very careful to talk about the country but God spoke to him. It’s a Great nation, great people and Greta president. His Excellency means well for the country. He will do his best but the truth is there are a lot if Judases who will betray him.
30) I saw two mighty lions against each other. One has the flag of Zambia round about with Great army around it while the other one doesn’t have such a great army . All of a sudden at the battle field, the one with great army was deserted by his soldiers and joined forces with the other lion. Betrayal will be the puzzle of the election . I recommend he should clean his house.
31) I see a serious shaking at the National Assembly between 2021 and 2023, either at the senate or Josie of Representatives that the centre will not be able to hold.
32) I see some being dragged out and being replaced .
33) God said 2021 is the year for the courageous.
If you are courageous, you will come out with the desired results.
34) There will be things that will attempt to scare propel but if they walk like a lion, irrespective of the storm they will hit their target.
Politics3 years ago
2019: Tinubu Plots Alliance With Atiku, As Plan To Dump Buhari Thickens *The Restructuring Factor
News11 months ago
Sacked Kano Emir, Sanusi Kicks Off 2023 Presidential Project.
News1 year ago
Gunmen Attack Lanre Teriba, Condition Unstable In Lagos Hospital
News1 year ago
Hakeem O. Odumosu, Commissioner of Police, Lagos State on Successes Recorded by the Command in the last 119 days
News6 months ago
JUST IN: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Hospitalized
Business3 years ago
Lagos Guber: New Name Emmerges As Tinubu, Aregbeshola Move To Stop Ambode’s Second Term Bid
Crime1 year ago
Five Female Secondary Students Rape Teacher To Coma In Ogun State
Politics3 years ago
Iyaloja General Tinubu Ojo, Market Leaders Endorse Sanwo-Olu Ahead Sunday Election