Connect with us

News

BREAKING: We Will Soon Go After Kanu’s Collaborators – FG

Published

on

Collaborators

Following preliminary forensic investigation, the Federal Government said it will soon go after all the collaborators of detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. It said any backer, no matter how highly-placed, will be dealt with.

 

The government said it already has a trove of Information on Kanu’s allies. It also clarified that some countries and intelligence agencies, with which it has obligations, assisted to arrest Kanu.

 

But the government did not name the affected countries or intelligence agencies.

 

It, however, assured of fair trial for Kanu.

 

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed made the government’s position known at a briefing a few minutes ago in Abuja.

 

But Mohammed, who looked calm unlike when the security challenges overwhelmed the country, refused to entertain any question.

 

Prodded by newsmen to fill in some gaps, Mohammed who spotted a grey Babanriga, quietly walked away.

 

A source said for security reasons, his brief was restricted.

 

 

But he gave some snippets on the ongoing investigation of Kanu in the last four days.

 

He said: “We can tell you that the forensic investigation carried out so far has revealed a treasure trove of information on the proscribed IPOB leader and his collaborators.

 

“While the investigation continues, we assure you that none of the collaborators, irrespective of their standing in the society, will be spared.

 

“They will all face the full wrath of the law for their activities that challenge our nation’s sovereignty and threaten its unity.

 

He opened up on how Kanu was arrested in collaboration with some countries and international agencies.

 

He only described those countries and Intelligence agencies as those with which Nigeria shares obligations.

 

He said: “Finally, there have been speculations on how this re-arrest was pulled off and in which country the hitherto fugitive leader of the proscribed IPOB was nabbed.

 

” What we can tell you, once again, is that the re-arrest was made possible by the diligent efforts of our security and intelligence agencies, in collaboration with countries with which we have obligations. We continue to respect and honour the obligations. ”

 

He said Nigeria had been on the trail of Kanu for two years.

 

He said: ” It will interest Nigerians to know that for over two years, our security and intelligence agencies were on the trail of the proscribed IPOB leader as he lived a five-star life across several countries, travelling on chartered private jets, living in luxury apartments and turning out in designing clothes and shoes.

 

” Of course, as we all saw, he was wearing an attire made by Fendi, a luxury Italian fashion brand, when he was arrested.”

 

Mohammed explained that many security agencies worked to effect the arrest of Kanu.

 

He added: “As you are aware, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, has been rearrested and repatriated to Nigeria to resume his trial.

 

” This was made possible through the collaboration of Nigerian security and intelligence agencies.

 

” Kanu, who is facing an 11-count charge of treason, treasonable felony, terrorism and illegal possession of firearms, among others, jumped bail in 2017 and left the country.

 

” On Tuesday, Kanu was re-arraigned in court and ordered to be remanded in the custody of the DSS, while the case was adjourned till July 26-27, 2021

” Gentlemen, the Federal Government wishes to commend the Nigerian security and intelligence agencies, who collaborated to re-arrest the proscribed IPOB leader in one of the most classic operations of its type in the world.

 

” We commend the professionalism, diligence, patriotism and painstaking efforts of our security and intelligence agencies.

 

” We also thank the sister international agencies that collaborated with us to pull off this arrest.”
Mohammed assured all those seeking justice for Kanu that the suspect will get a fair trial.

 

” It is interesting that many are suddenly calling for a fair trial for Kanu as if he didn’t get one before he decided to jump bail and flee. “However, I can assure you that the fair deal that Kanu denied many of the victims of the violence which he willfully instigated through his broadcasts and tweets will not be denied him.”

News

Van Vicker Finally Bags Varsity Degree — 24 Years After Secondary Education

Published

on

Van Vicker

Van Vicker, the multiple award-winning Ghanaian actor, has finally bagged a university degree — about 24 years after completing senior secondary school.

 

The 43-year-old movie director, who is a renowned face in Nollywood, took to his Instagram page to recount the touching tale of his educational journey.

He said while his secondary schoolmates were enrolling at the tertiary institution in 1997, his single mother couldn’t afford to send him to school.

 

He also accompanied the post with a photo in which he could be seen wearing a graduation robe of the African University College of Communication (AUCC).

 

 

Vicker said he bagged first-class honours in Strategic Communications and was named the overall best in his set.

 

 

“21 years later, here I stand before you with 3 achievements during my graduation; to God be the glory. 1. 1st class honors. 2. Best Student in Strategic communication. 3. Best Communication Student Award,” the actor wrote.

 

“The above is within the context of my 2021 post on social media and is in no way presumptuous but uprightly to inspire. I could not enroll at a tertiary institution in 1997 because my single mother did not have the funds.

 

“If free SHS was available back in the day, most likely I would have graduated in 2000/2001. My career took off and I have been blessed but as someone who relishes education getting that degree was just a matter of time.

 

 

“I complete my Masters program this December and I am sorely motivated and committed to going even beyond, God willing. I thank all those who supported me and are supporting me during this journey.”

 

Vicker has appeared in hundreds of films including ‘My Soul Mate’, ‘Heart of Fire’, ‘Popular King’, ‘Gambling with Marriage’, ‘Harvest of Love’, ‘Stolen Will’, ‘The Joy of a Prince’, ‘Discovered’, ‘The Kingdom’ and ‘Against The Law’.

Continue Reading

News

Hushpuppi Pleads Guilty To Fraud

Published

on

Hushpuppi

Nigerian scammer Ramon Olorunwa Abbas also known as Hushpuppi has pleaded guilty to fraud in an American court.

 

 

United States Department of Justice (DoJ) in a statement on Wednesday said court documents show that Abbas, a 37-year-old Nigerian national, pleaded guilty on April 20.

 

 

A version of Hushpuppi’s plea agreement filed late Tuesday outlines his role in a school finance scheme, as well as several other cyber and business email compromise schemes that cumulatively caused more than $24 million in losses.

 

 

Acting United States Attorney Tracy L. Wilkison said Hushpuppi allegedly faked the financing of a Qatari school by playing the roles of bank officials and creating a bogus website in a scheme that also bribed a foreign official to keep the elaborate pretense going after the victim was tipped off.

 

 

Wilkison stated that Hushpuppi played “a significant role in the scheme, funded his luxurious lifestyle by laundering illicit proceeds generated by con artists who use increasingly sophisticated means.”

 

 

Kristi K. Johnson, the Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office said Hushpuppi “among the most high-profile money launderers in the world, has admitted to his significant role in perpetrating global BEC fraud, a scheme currently plaguing Americans.

 

 

“His celebrity status and ability to make connections seeped into legitimate organizations and led to several spin-off schemes in the U.S. and abroad,” Johnson said in the DoJ statement.

 

 

Hushpuppi and members of his gang were arrested while sleeping at their Dubai residences in June 2020.

 

 

The Nigerian fraudster was arrested along with Olalekan Jacob Ponle, also known as Woodberry and 10 others.

 

Continue Reading

News

Mother Of 10 Loses 48 Years Marriage Over Denying Husband Sex

Published

on

SEX

 

A mother of 10, Mrs Tolu Osho, has lost her 48-year-old marriage for allegedly denying her husband sex.

 

 

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos, on Wednesday, granted the request of her estranged husband, Mojidi, to dissolve the union.

 

 

The court president, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, said that since the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court was left with no option other than to grant him his prayer; and pronounced the union dissolved.

 

 

“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mr Mojidi Osho and Mrs Tolu Osho dissolved yesterday.

 

 

“Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

 

 

 

“Each of you should go his or her separate ways unmolested; the court wishes both of you well in your future endeavours,” Koledoye asserted.

 

 

The president ordered the petitioner to pay N250,000 to his wife as a severance fee and also pay another N250,000 for her to get a new accommodation.

 

The petitioner, a 72-year-old mechanic, Mr Mojidi Osho, had earlier told the court to nullify his marriage because his wife was denying him his conjugal right to sleep with her.

 

“The last time my wife allowed me to sleep with her was 10 years ago.

 

 

“I am starving seriously, but whenever I come home with my girlfriends, she will chase them away,” Osho said.

 

 

The septuagenarian also accused his wife of threatening to kill him so that she can inherit his property.

 

 

“My wife wanted to kill me; she has been feeding me with poison.

 

 

“There was a day I fainted and was rushed to the hospital and it was detected that I ate poison.

 

 

“I thought I will not survive it, but God saved me and I stopped eating her food,” he said.

 

 

The embattled man said his wife was a witch who kept attacking him in the spiritual realm.

 

 

 

“On two occasions, she shot arrows at me in my sleep which led to sicknesses, but God healed me.

 

 

“She also buried charm in my workshop and customers stopped patronising me.

 

 

“My wife made me impotent, but I survived it after spending huge amounts on hospital and herbal treatment,” he claimed.

 

 

“Tolu makes my life miserable, I would have gone far in life if I have not married her.

 

 

“I regret the day I met her and I wish I can turn back the hand of the clock,’’ Osho said.

 

 

According to him, Tolu stopped washing his clothes 27 years ago; h,e therefore, begged the court to end the marriage to save him from committing murder.

 

 

Responding to the allegations, the 68-year-old trader, Tolu, said that she denied her husband sex for only four years not 10 years as he claimed.

 

 

“I stopped him from making love to me four years ago when he started bringing different girls home to sleep with, after which he will want to sleep with me; so I refused him,” she stated.

 

 

 

The mother of 10 children denied threatening her husband’s life or attempting to kill him through poisoning.

 

“I did not poison my husband’s food since 1973 when we got married, is it now that I will poison him?

 

“He is just looking for excuses to discard me; he came to this court to divorce his second wife, now he wants to also divorce me so that he can marry a new wife,” Tolu said.

 

According to her, Osho is fond of invoking curses on their children, which is affecting their lives now.

 

The respondent begged the court not to grant her husband’s wish for the dissolution of their marriage, saying she still loved him

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Thepage News